Corn Capsicum Vol-au-Vents
These Vol-au-vents makes a perfect party food. They are enough to tickle your taste buds and tempt your guest like never before. These Vol-au-vents will definitely bring a twist in your regular party appetizer menu. These puffs are prepared with few ingredients yet it looks and taste exquisite!!!!!
These shells are crispy outside and filled with a creamy stuffing with lots of exotic flavours and are baked to make them particularly irresistible. So do try this recipe and keep impressing your loved ones.
Preparation Time – 15 Minutes
Cooking Time – 10 Minutes
Serves – 6 People
12 Pieces Vol-au-vents (Kharik katori)
1 medium finely chopped capsicum
1 medium finely chopped onion
½ Cup steamed corns kernels
1 tbsp butter
½ Cup Milk
1 Tbsp refined flour
¼ cup grated processed cheese
¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ Tbsp tomato ketchup
½ Tps mixed herbs
½ Tps black pepper
Salt to taste
1. In a pan heat butter and add chopped onion, chopped capsicum, steamed corn kernels and sauté for 30 seconds.
2. Then add salt, black pepper, mixed herbs, refined flour and sauté for another 30 seconds. Add milk and sauté till the mixture becomes thick and turn off the flame.
3. Keep the mixture aside to cool down a bit.
4. Add grated processed cheese, mozzarella cheese and tomato ketchup and mix till well incorporated.
5. The filling is ready.
6. Stuff the vol-au-vent with the filling and grate some mozzarella cheese over it.
7. Bake the vol-au-vent for 5 minutes in a preheated oven at 160 degree.
8. Corn capsicum vol-au-vents are ready to serve.