Honey Ginger Mango parfait
Parfait is French word, means perfect which is just so true for this dessert. Honey ginger mango parfait is a perfect combination of tartness of mangoes, crunchiness of fiber biscuits, freshness of yogurt and sweetness of honey. When they all come together makes a perfect dessert ‘’ Mango Parfait ‘’.
In this fast moving life we really get less time to cook something special for our loved once which should be even healthy. Simultaneously everyone wants to keep them healthy and fit, which is one of the priority too. That is why people prefer to have less calorie food and usually try to avoid sweets and desserts. So we have just tried to make a dessert which will surely satisfy your taste buds and consists very less calories.
Every year I desperately wait for the mango season. Mangoes are even known as the king of fruits which has its unique taste and flavor. There are many things that one can do with mangoes, either ripped or raw once. Although the best way to eat mangoes is as they are, which has such a heavenly taste and flavor.
10-12 Digestive biscuits (I used Britannia Nutri -Choice biscuits)
2 Cups chopped mango
200 gm Greek yogurt (hung curd)
200 gm Low fat cream (I used Amul fresh cream)
½ Tps ginger juice
½ Tps cardamom powder
½ Tps vanilla extract
5 Tbsp Caster sugar
2 Tbsp Butter
10-12 Mint leaves for garnishing
1. Wash and chop the mangoes. Add ginger juice and honey over the mangoes and toss them around a bit. Allow to rest.
2. Place the biscuits in a lock pouch, seal and crush to a powder with the help of a rolling pin.
3. Add the biscuit crumbs in a bowl and add in 2 tbsp sugar and the melted butter. Mix the ingredients with a spoon until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
4. In a bowl, add the greek yogurt, fresh cream and caster sugar and whisk the ingredients till it becomes smooth and creamy. Add vanilla extract and cardamom powder and mix till well incorporated.
5. Now we have all the ingredients ready, so we will begin to assemble.
6. Place 2 tbsp yogurt mix in a glass.
7. Sprinkle the biscuit crumbs over the yogurt.
8. Put in a few chopped mangoes.
9. Spoon some more yogurt mix over the mangoes and sprinkle the crumbs over it.
10. Top it up with the mangoes.
11. Garnish it with mint leaves.
12. Repeat the process for the remaining glasses.
13. Keep the prepared glasses in refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours and serve.
NOTE – For greek yogurt (hung curd)
Place 400 gm yogurt in a muslin cloth over a strainer, with a bowl underneath to collect extra water and keep it in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, to get 200 gm thick yogurt.