WholeWheat Oats Pancake
Pancakes are easy, tasty and a filling any time meal & when it comes in a healthy way, that makes it a perfect recipe!
Time to get your hands on yummy and very healthy pancakes that is made with the goodness of whole wheat and oatmeal and off course they are egg less!
So “THE LOCAL CHEFS” brings to you the all new way of preparing Wholewheat Oats Pancakes which is a healthy snack recipe for your kids.
Preparation Time – 5 Minutes
Cooking Time – 5 Minutes
Serves – 6-8 Pancakes
310 ml (1 ¼ cup) milk
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp melted butter or ghee
A few spoons of water or milk as required
140 gm (1 cup) whole wheat flour
25 gm (¼ cup) oatmeal
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 tbsp brown or brown sugar
a pinch of salt
1. In a bowl or a jar combine the milk and lime juice and allow it to rest for a while The sour milk will help to make the pancakes fluffy.
2. In a large bowl, put in all the dry ingredients, whole wheat flour, the oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and a pinch of salt and whisk together until mixed. Set aside.
3. Put in the melted butter into the curdled milk and beat together until smooth. Whisk this wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until everything comes together. Do not overbeat. Use a little water or milk if the batter is too stiff.
4. Heat a griddle or a frying pan and grease it with butter or oil. Put in dollops of batter, depending on the size you want. When bubbles appear, turn over the pancakes and cook until nicely browned.
5. Serve with accompaniments of your choice like honey, maple syrup, whipped cream and fruits.