Ola! to all the beautiful people out there
This is one of the best cake i have ever made. Orange and almonds are a superb combination. They goes very well which each other giving an amazing flavor and texture to the cake. So do try and share your feedback.
Till then toodles……
Preparation Time – 10 Minutes
Cooking Time – 45 – 60 Minutes
Serves – 06 person
1 Cups all purpose flour
½ Cup milk powder
½ Cup soft butter or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
½ Cup granulated white sugar or brown sugar
2 Tbsp almond meal
1/3 Cup fresh orange juice (add 1-2 tbsp more if required)
½ Tbsp orange zest
½ Tbsp baking powder
½ Tps baking soda
1 Tps vanilla essence
Almond flakes for garnishing
1. Pre heat the oven at 180 degree.
2. Butter an 8” cake tin.
3. In a bowl sieve together all purpose flour, milk powder, baking powder and baking soda. And add almond meal and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl mix white sugar and butter or oil and mix well.
5. Add vanilla extract, orange zest and give it a mix.
6. Now add the dry mixture and orange juice to the butter-sugar mixture in two batches and mix together till well incorporated.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
8. Add almond flaks on the top.
9. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
10. Let the cake cool down and serve.